Austin County Sheriff
Training For Peace Officers
The Austin County Sheriff's Office is a contract training provider licensed by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCLE). We conduct accredited training classes on a regular basis, both for our Deputies and any other licensed Peace Officers.
Class Schedules will be posted here as issued, along with the class rules.
If anyone has questions about classes, contact our Training Coordinator, Sgt. Nathan Hale, at 979-865-3111, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Austin County Sheriff’s Office
· Admittance to classes requires employment by a Law Enforcement agency.
· All personnel attending classes will dress appropriately.
o No – sandals, T-shirts, shorts, or other leisure wear allowed. Dress as you would for a business environment.
o Firearms may be worn in a proper holster with badge or ID displayed.
· Treat others as you would want to be treated.
· Show respect to your classmates, your instructor and yourself.
o No off-color, racial or other offensive jokes or sexual references will be permitted.
· All cell phones will be turned off during class. No text messaging.
· Class Attendance – Only 5% of the class time may be excused. If you have to be gone more than that, you will be withdrawn from the class.
· Class Grading is according to the lesson plan set forth by the instructor. Some classes may be pass/fail, while others require a passing grade. This will be outlined prior to the start of the class.
· The use of tobacco products is restricted to 18 feet from the doorway. Use the provided ashtrays for disposal. No tobacco products shall be used in the classroom.
· We are all guests in this room. Be courteous of others who use this room, and make sure it’s clean when you leave. You drop it, you pick it up. You spill it, you clean it up
o Food and drinks are not allowed at the computers. Remember, this equipment is not yours and should be treated accordingly.
o Drinks may be brought into the classroom at the discretion of the instructor.
· Only “dumb” questions are allowed. You never know when the person beside you has the same question
· Properly turn out the lights and turn off the equipment before leaving the room.