Austin County Sheriff
Crime Victim's Services for Austin County
Crime Victim Liaison Officer - Investigator Mike Doerrig
417 N. Chesley St.
Bellville, TX 77418
Crime Victim's Services Pertains to: citizens of Austin County who have been affected by crime. Crime Victims who have certain needs that require assistance and allows them to maintain a form of stability to help them through their ordeal.
Main Goal: Strive to assure that citizens of this county are aware of their rights as a Crime Victim, and are provided information and referral of the various services/resources available to assist them.
1. Crime Victim's Rights
2. Assistance with Crime Victim Compensation through the Attorney General's Office
3. Making sure that Crime Victims are aware of the various services available in Austin County, and surrounding areas, to assist them
4. Obtain answers to questions they may have about the criminal justice process, or assist them in obtaining that information
5. Help with other services, ex: assist with U-Visas, Confidentiality Address, etc.
6. Preventative measures anf information to prevent becoming a crime victim.
(Victim's Instant Notification Everyday)
Texas VINE is a service provided free of charge by the State of Texas